Skip to Content Disable Custom Form Styling to Improve Accessibility
Header Image

P-12 Art & Music Education

Hybrid Delivery

The alternative master’s degree is designed for those who already hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.75 overall GPA, and who have now decided they would like to become a teacher.  The degree in P-12 Education leads to initial certification in art, choral music, instrumental music, or physical education through the Alabama State Department of Education.  With a fine tuned knowledge of the Common Core and other Alabama curricular initiatives, graduates are sure to find a teaching position working with students at a variety of levels.

Information about testing requirements that apply to alternative master’s degree candidates can be found under Teacher Education Services.