Guide to Printing
Using the Print Management
System on a PC
- Print your document as you normally would (usually by clicking the print icon in
whatever application you are using). The default printer in the Library
Computer Lab is the monochrome HP LaserJet 4250 printer, so if you wish to print in color, you will have to switch to the
color printer (the HP Color Laser 4700).
Print Management software will pop up. You will see this screen:
You will see the name of the document you are printing, along with the number of
pages in the document, the cost per page, and the total cost of printing it.
- Enter a name for your print job in the Client ID field. You can use any
name you wish, just be sure it’s something you can remember.
- Click the Print Document button.
- Proceed to the Print Management Release Station located next to the
- Insert your Cash Card into the Card Reader. Cards go in with the
arrows forward and the stripe down.
will be asked to log in:
- In the User Id field, type the name you gave your print job back in step
3. Be sure to type it exactly as you did before. It IS case
sensitive. Then click OK.
will see this screen:
Here you can see all the print jobs you have submitted under the Client ID you
specified (bob, in this example). Each document you have submitted will
be listed separately, along with the number of pages, and the cost of printing
- Highlight the job or jobs you wish to print, then click Print Selected.
cost of printing your selections will be deducted from your Cash Card. Your
card will then be automatically ejected.
up your printouts at the printer.
Updated May 2010