Guide to Printing
Using the Print Management System on a Mac
- Print your document as you normally would (usually by clicking the print
icon in whatever application you are using). The default printer in
the Library Computer Lab is the monochrome HP LaserJet 4250 printer, so if
you wish to print in color, you will have to switch to the color printer
(the HP Color Laser 4700).
a note of the name of the Mac you are printing from, found at the top of the
monitor screen. For example: (mach2). Note that the parentheses
are a part of the name.
- Proceed to the Print Management Release Station, located next to the
- Insert your Cash Card into the Card Reader.
will be asked to log in:
Log in using the name of the Mac from which you printed. For example (mach2).
Be sure to include the parentheses.
will see this screen:
You will see all the current print jobs submitted from the Mac you were using,
in this case (mach2). Each print job lists the name of the document, the
number of pages, when it was submitted, and how much it will cost to print it.
- Search for the name of your document under Description.
- Highlight your document, and click Print Selected.
cost of your print job will be deducted from your Cash Card, which will then be
- Retrieve your printout from the printer.
Updated May 2010