The Student Government Association will strive to facilitate better relationships between the faculty, administration, staff and the student body. SGA will work to assess problems, make positive improvements, and coordinate change at the University of Montevallo. SGA will promote the ideals of the University of Montevallo, ensure unity through diversity, and be the student voice to the faculty and administration. SGA will serve and represent the opinions and concerns of the student body. Our driving forces will be representation of student needs, community welfare, and the Spirit of the University of Montevallo.
What does SGA do for the Student Body?
The Student Senate represents you, and they will write resolutions and bills to support your concerns.
- SGA provides funding to campus organizations by allocating the Student Activity Fee each spring.
- SGA helps to fund Montevallo’s homecoming tradition, College Night.
- SGA prints The Fledgling, the UM Student Handbook.
- SGA funds the Game Room in Farmer Hall.
- SGA sponsors the campus wide service project, The Big Event each March to help the local community.
- SGA funds UPC and all campus entertainment such as Back to School Bash, Bingo for Books, Comedians, Musical Acts, Movies, and Midnight Breakfast.
- SGA sponsors several blood drives on campus each semester.
- SGA sponsors buses to Higher Education Day in Montgomery each spring.
- SGA wants to hear what you think, so please contact your Senate Representative with any concerns or needs you may have. Also, consider applying for an open Senate position.
If you are interested in SGA leadership opportunities, visit Org Sync.
SGA - Executives
The Executive Branch is responsible for the administration of the Student Government Association and the enforcement of all of its laws. The Student Body President is assisted by the Vice-President and the appointed Cabinet members. The Vice-President and the Cabinet Members also coordinate Student Government programs. All officers serve their positions for one year.
SGA Executives not shown
2013-2014 SGA – Higher Ed Day & STARS Coordinator, Abigail Bradley
2013-2014 SGA – Senate Clerk, Michael Tallon
2013-2014 SGA – Director of Public Relations, Kiera Hood