- The Stephens College had 27 undergraduates complete coursework in May. Of those students, 17 are working with average yearly salary of $38,300. Two are in graduate school full-time at the University of San Francisco and Alabama A & M. The remaining eight students are unknown.
- The Stephens College had 5 graduates in August and we are currently researching the status of these students.
- Senior Accounting Program – There are three students, all outstanding, which are eligible for the program. We had a successful “Meet the Firm” event on August 28th. Interviews are taking place now. Offers will be made September 25-27.
- VITA – Volunteers in Tax Assistance is underway and will work in concert with Dr. Smith, Accounting professor.
- Phi Chi Theta, the Business Fraternity, is growing and financially solvent.
- The Senior Center Lecture Series was very successful last fall. Over 60 people participated in the program, The Business of Protocol, presented by Dr. Treva Medbery. The Fall Senior Lecture Series for this term will be October 8. This event celebrates our senior class as well as serving as an outstanding learning experience.
- SCOB has 155 students in Junior/Senior status. Breakdown is as follows:
|Accounting||23 (26%)||23 (36%)|
|Finance||23 (26%)||10 (16%)|
|Management||31 (34%)||21 (32%)|
|Marketing||13 (14%)||10 (16%)|
|Management Information System||1|
|Marketing||2 (one academic)|
• Assistance is provided to MBA students as needed, relevant to job search.
• Resume reviews for Juniors/Seniors, a core product of the Center, are ongoing.
• Select metro Birmingham executives are visiting the SCOB.