The Department of Art awards several competitive scholarships to currently enrolled art majors.
• The Dorothy Robbins Mullican Scholarship:
Established in 1991 by the Mullican family in honor of Dorothy Robbins Mullican, an alumna of the University of Montevallo. The scholarship is open to all junior and senior level art majors.
• Southern Progress Scholarship in Graphic Design:
Established in 2002 for junior and senior level art majors with a concentration in graphic design.
• The Martha Allen Memorial Scholarship:
The Martha Allen Memorial Scholarship in Art was established in honor of long time faculty member and alumna in art. The scholarship is open to all junior and senior level art majors.
• The Virginia Barnes Memorial Scholarship:
The Virginia Barnes Memorial Scholarship in Art was established in honor of long time faculty member and alumna in art. The scholarship is open to all junior and senior level art majors.
• The Madge Taylor Sims Scholarship:
Established in 2001 by a bequest from Madge Taylor Sims, the scholarship is open to all junior and senior level art majors.
• The applicant must be an art major currently enrolled in good standing at the University of Montevallo
• The applicant must have earned at least 61 semester hours at the point of application
• Applicants will have demonstrated their commitment to a career in art or an art-related field
• Recipients will have maintained high standards in their art classes and demonstrated success in their major
• Financial need may be a consideration in making the selection
• Return the application along with a portfolio of 5 to 10 of your most successful works of art
• Each work should be neatly presented and labeled with your name, the title, medium and date of completion
• For presentations of digital media consult with faculty
• Performance as an art major
• Creativity and originality
• Knowledge and mastery of the media presented
• Professionalism in presentation
• Applications with CD or actual portfolio must arrive at the Art Office on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 by 4:00 p.m. and picked up on Thursday, January 31, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
• Late portfolios will not be accepted
• Click for the Application
Department of Art
Department of Art