Begun in 1968, Olympics Day is a significant tradition for University of Montevallo alumni. Many events and activities have changed and evolved throughout the years, but one thing has remained the same: it is a special time for alumni and friends to join together in athletic and social events, reminisce, and make new friends. Traditionally, athletic events have included golf, tennis, and a 5K run and were held the first Saturday in August. In 2013, it was moved to October to accompany Founders’ Day and disc golf was added. Join us on Oct. 9th and 10th for Olympics Day and Coming Home Weekend.
Hope Bryant Smith Memorial 5K & 1-Mile Fun Run
Funds raised will benefit the Hope Bryant Smith Service Scholarship.
Tennis, Disc Golf and Racquetball
Register for the Greek Alumni Reunion
Greek alumni are invited to participate in the second annual Greek Reunion as part of Coming Home Weekend. The Tailgate Reunion will be held at the University Lake on Oct. 10 from 2-5 p.m.
- Each Greek organization is encouraged to set up a “tailgate” area.
- Bring a table, chairs and hang out.
- Bring tailgate food. Alumni club will provide hot dogs, hamburgers, fixings and drinks
- Loyalty Award will be presented to the Greek organization with the most members in attendance/participation in Olympics Day
- A Spirit Award will be awarded to the organization with the best tailgate décor/best UM Spirit
- This year’s recipients of the Jim Wilkinson Greek Loyalty Award will be honored at the reunion.
Be a Sponsor of Olympics Day
Sponsorship of the weekend’s activities will provide your business prominent visibility among participants, including Friends of Athletics, Alumni, and Friends of the University of Montevallo. As a sponsor, you have several options as listed in the form link below.
Thank you for your generous consideration of the University of Montevallo.