The purpose of this award is to recognize a staff member’s excellence in service and loyalty to the University.
To recognize excellence in service and loyalty to the University.
- The nominee must be a staff member or contract employee at the University of Montevallo.
- The nominee must have shown excellence in service or loyalty to the University.
- Current elected UM National Alumni Association officers and directors are not eligible.
- Nominations are accepted year round with a deadline of August 1 prior to the award presented on Founders’ Day.
- The Alumni Awards Nomination Form must be submitted electronically or in print form.
- One letter of endorsement, from someone other than the one making the nomination, is required (in addition to the nomination form).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae is required.
- Additional supporting documentation is encouraged.
- It is the responsibility of the nominator to ensure that nominations are complete including submission of the following:
- nomination form with required information
- one letter of endorsement
- a current resume or a curriculum vitae
- other supporting documentation, if desired.
- Nominations remain on file for reconsideration for three years, including the initial year of nomination.
The award is presented during Founders’ Day activities in October. The recipient is also honored at a dinner or other event preceding Founders’ Day. The recipient is recognized with a plaque and a gift of $1,000.00 from the UM National Alumni Association.