The Young Achiever’s Award is presented to a recent graduate (35 years or younger), who contributions, through career or community service reflect positively on society at the local, state or national level.
To recognize an alumnus whose contributions, through career or community service, reflect positively on society at the local, state or national level.
- Nominee must have received a degree (undergraduate or graduate) from the University of Montevallo/Alabama College.
- Nominee must be 35 years of age or younger.
- Current elected UM National Alumni Association officers and directors are not eligible.
- Nominations are accepted year round with a deadline of November 1 prior to award presented at Homecoming.
- The Alumni Awards Nomination Form must be submitted electronically or in print form.
- One letter of endorsement, from someone other than the one making the nomination, is required (in addition to the nomination form).
- Additional supporting documentation is encouraged. A current resume or curriculum vitae may be helpful, but is not required.
- It is the responsibility of the nominator to ensure that nominations are complete including submission of the following:
- nomination form with required information
- one letter of endorsement
- other supporting documentation, if desired.
- Nominations remain on file for reconsideration for three years, including the initial year of nomination.
The award is presented at the Homecoming Awards Luncheon in February. The recipient is recognized with a plaque and gift from the UM National Alumni Association.