The most prestigious award, which is presented to an alumnus who has excelled in his/her professional career.
To recognize an alumnus who has excelled in his/her professional career. This is the most prestigious award presented by the University of Montevallo National Alumni Association.
- Nominee must have received a degree (undergraduate or graduate) from the University of Montevallo/Alabama College.
- Current elected UM National Alumni Association officers and directors are not eligible.
- Nominations are accepted year round with a deadline of November 17 to the award presented at Homecoming.
- The Alumni Awards Nomination Form must be submitted electronically or in print form.
- One letter of endorsement, from someone other than the one making the nomination, is required (in addition to the nomination form).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae is required.
- Additional supporting documentation is encouraged.
- It is the responsibility of the nominator to ensure that nominations are complete including submission of the following:
- nomination form with required information
- one letter of endorsement
- a current resume or a curriculum vitae
- other supporting documentation, if desired
- Nominations remain on file for reconsideration for three years, including the initial year of nomination.
The award is presented at the Homecoming Awards Luncheon in February. The recipient is also honored at a dinner or other event preceding Homecoming, and is acknowledged at the Saturday College Night production. The recipient is recognized with a plaque and gift from the UM National Alumni Association.