This award honors an alumnus/alumna that has demonstrated loyalty and dedication in his/her strength of service to the University of Montevallo.
To recognize an alumnus who has demonstrated loyalty and dedication in his/her strength of exceptional service to the University through contributions of his/her time, talents, or resources.
- Nominee must have received a degree (undergraduate or graduate) from the University of Montevallo/Alabama College.
- Must have shown loyalty and dedication in the role of an alumnus.
- Current elected UM National Alumni Association officers and directors are not eligible.
- Nominations are accepted year round with a deadline of July 1 prior to the award presented on Founders’ Day.
- The Alumni Awards Nomination Form must be submitted electronically or in print form.
- One letter of endorsement, from someone other than the one making the nomination, is required (in addition to the nomination form).
- Additional supporting documentation is encouraged. A current resume or curriculum vitae may be helpful, but is not required.
- It is the responsibility of the nominator to ensure that nominations are complete including submission of the following:
- nomination form with required information
- one letter of endorsement
- other supporting documentation, if desired.
- Nominations remain on file for reconsideration for three years, including the initial year of nomination.
The award is presented during Founders’ Day activities in October. The recipient is also honored at a dinner or other event preceding Founders’ Day. The recipient is recognized with a plaque and gift from the UM National Alumni Association.