The University of Montevallo welcomes all students interested in transferring to UM from another collegiate institution. We are here to answer all of your questions as you make the transition.
Applying as a Transfer
- A minimum of a cumulative C average on all college-level study attempted must have been attained. This is a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better based on a 4.0 scale. Quality points from study previously attempted at Montevallo are not included in a transfer application review.
- A transfer applicant must be a student in good standing. Neither probation nor suspension can be in effect at the previous or current college or university attended.
- Transcripts of all previous study attempted must be submitted and evaluated before an application review can be conducted. It is the responsibility of the student to arrange for the transcripts to be mailed to the University. All academic records must be received at least one week (seven days) prior to the intended date of enrollment.
- Students who have completed fewer than 24 semester hours (or 36 quarter hours) of college-level study must also submit a secondary-school transcript and either an ACT or SAT I score report, and must satisfy all requirements for freshman admission.
- A maximum of 64 semester hours (or 96 quarter hours) may be transferred for credit from either a community or junior college.
Know Your Deadlines
Students transferring from a two-year community college wishing to have their application considered for merit-based transfer scholarships should apply prior to June 1.
For an entering transfer student, the general application deadline is August 1st.
The deadline for students wishing to enroll in the spring term is December 1.
The deadline for students wishing to enroll in the summer term is May 1.
The following items are needed to complete an application for admission at the University of Montevallo:
- Completed application for admission.
- $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Check or money order sent to:
Office of Admissions
Palmer Hall, Station 6030
University of Montevallo
Montevallo, AL 35115
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
If you are a student currently enrolled in an Alabama two-year or four-year institution wishing to transfer to the University of Montevallo, be sure to check out the STARS Guide to see how your credits will transfer. For specific questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 205-665-6040.
Community College Transfer Scholarships
Students transferring from a two-year community college may be eligible for Transfer Scholarships. Visit the Scholarships section to learn more about the application process and requirements.