Skip to Content Disable Custom Form Styling to Improve Accessibility
Header Image

I’m Accepted… Now What?

Once you’ve been accepted to attend the University of Montevallo, we’re here to help you with everything you’ll need to prepare for college. This section details all of the things you need to do or think about before starting your journey at Montevallo.

A Few Things to Consider

  • Where To Live

    If you’ll be attending UM, you’ll need to figure out where to live. If you’d like to live on campus, start by submitting your housing application.

  • Financial Aid

    Almost all students need some sort of financial aid to help pay for school. We strongly encourage incoming and returning students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

  • Set Up Your Student Account

    As an incoming student you will receive information at a later date regarding when and how to set up your ForUM account.

    To set up your student email, view course schedules, and register for classes, set up your student account today.

  • Get Oriented with Montevallo

    You’ll need to attend the New Student Orientation on campus, and in order to do that, you’ll need to complete and turn in the necessary medical health forms (these should be sent to you as soon as you’re accepted).

    Once you attend, you’ll have all the information you need to begin your studies.

  • Health Forms

    All incoming students are required to submit the following to Student Health Services:

    Even though the Varicella (Chicken Pox), Tetanus, Hepatitis B and Meningitis Vaccines are not required they are strongly recommended.

    Student Health Services is located at Station 6275 in East Main Hall. You may fax your information to 205-665-8180.

  • Disability Support Services

    Students with disabilities are encouraged to contact Disability Support Services (DSS) prior to or upon enrollment at the University.  Requests for services and accommodations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must relate specifically to the students’ disability. Visit Disability Support Services for applications and necessary documentation.