Skip to Content Disable Custom Form Styling to Improve Accessibility
Header Image

Consumer Information

The University of Montevallo provides the following information and policies about the University to current and prospective students, their families, current and prospective employees, and the general public. A brief description and links to web pages where this information may be found are listed below. A paper copy will be provided upon request. For assistance in obtaining information or obtaining a paper copy please contact Kris Mascetti, 205-665-6399, located in Ramsey Hall or Bob Walker, 205-665-6048, located in Palmer Hall.

  • Student Financial Aid Information and Student Rights and Responsibilities

    • Federal, state, local, private, and institutional student financial assistance available
    • Need- based and non-need-based Federal Student Aid
    • Terms and conditions of student loans
    • Criteria for selecting recipients and for determining award amount
    • Eligibility requirements and procedures and forms for applying for aid
    • Criteria for continued eligibility, standards to maintain eligibility-satisfactory academic progress, and criteria for re-establishing eligibility for financial assistance
    • The methods and frequency by which financial assistance disbursements will be made to the student
    • Enrollment for Pell Grant and other student aid amounts will be based on the student’s enrollment at the end of the add/drop period. These dates are as follows:

      Fall 2016 Semester August 27, 2016
      Spring 2017 Semester January 18, 2017
      Summer 2017 Semester May 10, 2017

      June 6, 2017

      July 11, 2017

      Fall 2017 Semester August 26, 2017
      Spring 2018 Semester January 17, 2018

      Enrollment for student loans will be checked at the time of disbursement.

    • Enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by the university may be considered enrollment in the home school for purposes of applying for Federal Student Aid. Check with the University Student Aid Office, 205-655-6048 or visit the office in Palmer Hall, for specific student aid options.
    • Student loan terms, repayment schedules, and repayment necessity
    • Conditions and terms of Federal Work Study student employees
    • Student Loan Exit Counseling information the school provides and collects
  • Institutional Information

  • Transfer of Credits Policies and Articulation Agreements

  • Required Disclosures

    Required disclosures to prospective and enrolled students to all schools where program is designed to be offered by another entity

    • Not Applicable – none offered
  • School and Program Accreditation, Approval, or Licensure

      • The University of Montevallo is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Bachelor’s, Master’s and Educational Specialist degrees. For questions about the accreditation of the University of Montevallo contact:

    Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
    1866 Southern Lane
    Decatur, GA 30033-4097

      • The Alabama Commission on Higher Education is the coordinating board for higher education for the State of Alabama. The Commission exercises no governing and limited regulatory authority over the University. The Commission may be contacted at

    P. O. Box 302000
    Montgomery, AL, 36130-2000

    Dr. Tammi Dahle
    Dean of Students
    University of Montevallo
    Station 6020
    Montevallo, AL 35115

  • Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations

    Student Aid eligibility might be suspended if a student is convicted of a drug offense while receiving Federal Student Aid (grants, loans, or work-study). When a student completes the FAFSA, he or she will be asked whether they had a drug conviction for an offense that occurred while they were receiving federal student aid. If the answer is yes, the student will be provided a worksheet to help them determine whether the conviction affects their eligibility for federal student aid.

    If eligibility for federal student aid has been suspended due to a drug conviction, it can be regained by successfully completing an approved drug rehabilitation program or by passing two unannounced drug tests administered by an approved drug rehabilitation program. Students who regain eligibility during the award year, should notify their financial aid office immediately so they can get any aid they’re eligible for.

    If convicted of a drug-related offense after submitting the FAFSA, you might lose eligibility for federal student aid, and you might be liable for returning any financial aid you received during a period of ineligibility. For more information see the Students With Criminal Convictions – Federal Student Aid Website.

  • Vaccination Policy

    Visit Student Health Services for more information.

  • Consumer Information on College Navigator Website

    College Navigator provides University information published by the U. S. Department of Education as well as the University web site link. The following information can be found on the University web site:

  • Student Body Diversity

  • Net Price Calculator

  • Textbook Information (Internet Course Schedule)

    Textbook cost and information can be found at

  • Disbursement of Federal Student Aid funds to students for books and supplies

    If a student’s aid is greater than their charges, there will be an estimated credit balance.  Students with an estimated credit balance will be eligible to purchase books and supplies at the campus bookstore shortly before classes start each semester. The amount allowed will be capped at the amount of the estimated credit balance, not to exceed $1,000.

    Students wanting to receive a credit balance to purchase books and supplies from another source should contact:

    Cashiers Office
    Station 6065
    Montevallo, AL 35115
    Phone: (205) 665-6065
    Fax: (205) 665-6078

  • Teacher Preparation Programs for Initial Certification or Licensure

    Contact the College of Education at 205-665-6360

  • Voter Registration

    You may register to vote in the courthouse of your home county or obtain a voter registration form and information at the Student Life Office in Farmer Hall, Top Floor, and Disability Support Services office in Main Hall, Rear, and Lower Level or at Alabama Secretary of State website.

  • Constitution Day

    The University of Montevallo holds an annual Constitution Day commemoration for students and anyone else on, or near September 17.

  • Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program

    The unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees on the school’s property or as a part of any of the school’s activities is strictly prohibited and the University will impose sanctions for violations. For more information regarding school, Federal, state, and local sanctions, descriptions of health risks, and available counseling, treatment, rehabilitation, or re-entry programs click to view the Drug and Alcohol Abuse: Awareness and Prevention:

    In addition, for a copy of the University’s biennial review of its program contact

    Dr. Tammi S. Dahle
    University of Montevallo
    Dean of Students
    Station 6020
    Montevallo, AL 35115

  • Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act)

    See the Equity in Athletics Data web page published by the U. S. Department of Education.

  • Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates

    This information is available on the College Navigator web site.

  • Placement in Employment

    The University does not calculate placement rates for graduates. However the University operates a Career Development Center.

  • Types of Graduate and Professional Education in Which the University’s Graduates Enroll

    The University’s undergraduate programs help qualify gradates for admission to many graduate and professional programs. For more information see the specific undergraduate program you are interested from our Undergraduate Programs page.

    Additional information is available by contacting the specific department chairs. Contact information is available at the above link.

  • Retention Rates of degree seeking first-time, undergraduate students

    This information is available on the College Navigator web site.

  • Campus Security Report and the Fire Safety Report

    For a combined copy of the report, visit Campus Security and Fire Safety Report. For a paper copy contact

    Chief Chadd Adams
    Police Department
    Station 6155
    Montevallo, AL 35115

    You may also see the campus crime and fire statistics at US Department of Education – Campus Safety and Security page.

  • FERPA or Family Educational Rights and Privacy

    FERPA for Students

  • Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members

    The University does not participate in this program.

  • State Grant Assistance Availability

    Students should apply for any state student aid. Alabama residents may be eligible for the Alabama State Assistance Grant. See University of Montevallo Grants Page for more information. Residents of other states can find information for state grants at US Department of Education – State Contacts and Information.

  • Federal Student Loan Information

    The University may offer you Federal loans as part of your financial aid offer. A loan is money you borrow and must pay back with interest.  For more information on student loans visit the student aid office or check out the web sites below:

  • Sharing of student and/or parent loan information with the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)

    Personal and student loan information of potential students, students, and/or parent borrowers will be submitted to the NSLDS by the University and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the system. Students or parents may check their personal student loan information online.

  • Entrance Counseling for Student Loan Borrowers

    First time borrowers of a Federal Direct Student Loan must complete Entrance Counseling to receive comprehensive information on the terms and conditions of the loan and the borrower’s responsibilities. This must be completed on the web at:

  • Exit Counseling for Student Loan Borrowers

    The University provides student borrowers who graduate, leave, or drop below half-time enrollment instructions to receive invaluable student loan repayment information. Student borrowers must complete this counseling on the web at:

  • Private Education Loan Disclosures

    Private Loans are not Federal Student or Parent Plus Loans. We encourage borrowers to complete the FAFSA and apply for Federal Student Aid. Borrowers may qualify for Federal Student Loans (and possibly grants or work programs) that may be more favorable than the provisions of private education loans. We will be happy to discuss the availability of federal, state, and institutional student financial aid and help you apply.

    The University participates in no private education lender preferred arrangements and recommends no private lenders.

  • Private Education Loan Self Certification Form

    Students may request this form by visiting the student aid office in Palmer Hall or by calling 205-665-6050 or emailing

  • Code of Conduct

    See University of Montevallo Student Aid Code of Conduct for more information.

  • Private Education Loans and Preferred Lender Arrangements

    The University has no preferred lender list and recommends no particular private lender.