At UM, we’re proud to offer numerous accredited programs. But just what does that mean for students? Well, once a program is officially accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, that program is recognized as a program of quality and integrity—in other words, it shows that we’re dedicated to our students’ education and we’ve proven so through resources, services, faculty accolades, and clearly specified academic objectives. For us, it’s simply the standard that we hold ourselves to every day of the year.
Additionally, the University is committed to attaining national accreditation in its programs where such recognition is available and appropriate. The University of Montevallo and its programs have been accredited or approved by the following organizations:
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International
- American Chemical Society
- American Dietetic Society
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council of Social Work Education
- Department of Education of Alabama
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
The University is also a member of the prestigious Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges and the Birmingham Area Consortium for Higher Education.