Skip to Content Disable Custom Form Styling to Improve Accessibility
Header Image


Veterans Educational Assistance Programs

  • Montgomery GI BILL – Active Duty Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 30)
  • Montgomery GI BILL – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
  • Post 9/11 GI BILL (Chapter 33)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program – REAP (Chapter 1607)
  • Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
  • Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
  • The Alabama G.I. and Dependents Education Benefit Act

All degree programs at the University of Montevallo are currently approved by the State Approving Agency. The Coordinator of Veterans Affairs serves as a liaison for veterans and their dependents, assisting in obtaining benefits from the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs. This service is located in the Registrar’s Office on the second floor of Palmer Hall.

The Federal Department of Veterans Affairs determines eligibility and maintains veteran records. Students must be admitted and registered at the University before an enrollment certification can be submitted to the VA. A completed VA Request for Certification form must be returned to the Registrar’s Office for each term.

Students interested in the Alabama G.I. and Dependents Education Benefit program should contact their county Veterans Affairs Office or Student Financial Services Office at the University.