General Graduation Requirements
Responsibility for meeting all graduation requirements rests with the student. In addition to the University’s minimum general requirements listed below, colleges and/or departments may have additional graduation requirements as described in the colleges’ information sections of the University Bulletin. Minimum general requirements for graduation are:
• Credit for at least 120 semester hours
• Credit for at least 30 of the last 40 semester hours required for degree completion must be earned at the University of Montevallo
• Credit for at least 30 semester hours of 300- and/or 400-level study earned at the University of Montevallo
• Completion of at least 25 percent of the credit hours required for the degree at the University of Montevallo
• Completion of at least 50 percent of the courses required for the major at the University of Montevallo
• Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for courses required for the major(s)
• Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for courses required for the minor(s), if applicable
• A cumulative institutional GPA of at least 2.0
• A cumulative overall GPA of at least 2.0 on all courses attempted, including transfer courses
• Completion of the required senior assessments.
When calculating the major or minor GPA, only the highest grade in each course will be used.
No more than 64 semester hours of credit from a two year college may be applied toward degree requirements. No more than 45 combined semester hours of credit earned through Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), International Baccalaureate (IB), Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE), and military credit may be applied toward meeting degree requirements.
Although students with a financial obligation to the University may be permitted to participate in commencement exercises, official transcripts and diplomas will be withheld until all financial obligations to the University are satisfied.