Lost and Found
All lost and found items will be kept in a secure location for a period of 60 days unless claimed by the rightful owner. The Department of Student Life, University Police Department nor the University of Montevallo is responsible for Lost and Found items.
Report an item lost or found.
It is the responsibility of each individual or department to take all lost and found items to the Department of Student Life located on the top floor of Farmer Hall.
Listed below are procedures to be followed:
1. Turn lost items in to Lost and Found as soon as possible, but not later than the end of the business day on which they were found.
2. If items of value such as: wallets, purses, keys, and electronic devices are found, please notify the University Police Department located in the Physical Plant or call 205.665.6155.
3. Items of lesser value such as: notebooks, book bags, umbrellas, and articles of clothing need to be taken to the Department of Student Life located on the top floor of Farmer Hall.
4. If the lost item includes any identifying information, staff from the Student Life or University Police Department will attempt to contact the owner directly. Unclaimed property and unidentifiable property will be logged in the lost and found logbook.
5. Unclaimed student ID’s will be destroyed after one week. Other unclaimed ID’s such as driver’s license or state ID’s will be mailed to designated address after one week.
6. To attempt to ensure lost items are returned to the rightful owners, persons claiming items will be asked to describe the items and to provide identification. Claimants must sign for items before the items will be released to them.
7. Items in Lost and Found, which are not claimed by the end of each semester, will be donated to a local charity or destroyed.