Board General Information
of the Advisory Board:
The purpose of the
Board is to advise the ASPIRE/SSS office by providing
insight related to programming and services.
It will provide an outlet for action by students
to increase involvement and participation of the
members. The Board will also act as a
focus group to help assess current ASPIRE
programs/services and to explore new
possibilities for development.
- Must be currently a member of the ASPIRE
in good academic standing with a cumulative
GPA of a 2.5 or above.
- Sincere interest in being actively involved
in the board and providing input on services
- Students will actively participate in the
meetings and will share insight that will be
constructive and beneficial for the ASPIRE Program.
- Students will fulfill the tasks and
activities that they agree to accomplish for
- Seek feedback from Advisory Board
members on programs and services.
- Discuss issues and concerns of ASPIRE students
and how ASPIRE can meet those needs.
- Increase involvement, awareness, and
participation of other ASPIRE students in the
- Officers will be elected to fill the
positions of President, Vice President, and
- Board decisions will be made by vote,
usually by a show of hands.
Advisory Board will meet at least twice per
semester. Additional meetings may be held
if the Board or ASPIRE Office determines it is
- During meetings, surveys will occasionally
be given to gather feedback and information
on ASPIRE programs and services.