Get to a SAFE place as fast as possible.
• Do not bathe, shower, douche, change
clothes, urinate, or drink anything. These activities can alter
or destroy evidence.
• Preserve all physical evidence.
• Call the police and report it. If
you are on campus call the campus police at 205-665-6155 or call
911. This report will allow for the collection of vital
evidence that otherwise would be lost. A report does not
necessarily mean that the case will be prosecuted.
• Seek medical treatment immediately.
• If you are medically stable (nothing
broken or bleeding), contact law enforcement or Rape Response at
323-7273 for an appointment at the Crisis Center's SANE
• If you have other injuries, seek
medical attention at the nearest emergency room.
• In either case, a Rape Response
advocate will be called to provide you with emotional support
during the medical exam. Request that the hospital take a urine
sample for drug toxicology. Special tests need to be conducted
to detect if you have been drugged