Faculty-Staff and Student Vehicle Registration
Faculty-Staff are issued a permanent hangtag and must be returned to the university upon leaving their employment.
Students parking on campus must register their vehicles and/or motorcycles annually, for which a fee is charged and the appropriate permit issued.
Follow these steps to register your vehicle online:
1. Vehicles owned by Faculty, Staff or Students must register online through BossCars via the ForUM Banner Tab, following online instructions.
2. At the end of the online registration, you will receive a confirmation in the form of a Temporary Permit, which will be valid for five (5) days.
3. Print this form and place it in the inside, passenger-side windshield until you receive your regular permit.
4. RESIDENT STUDENTS: Within two (2) business days, the permit will be delivered to your UM mailboxes located on the bottom floor of Farmer Hall.
5. COMMUTER STUDENTS: The address that you list in the online registration is where your decal will be mailed. Please confirm your address before submitting the form. Please allow five (5) business days for your form to be delivered. As previously mentioned, the Temporary Permit will be valid for five (5) days.
The following information is required for registration:
1. Name and address (campus and home).
2. Vehicle description, license plate number.
3. UMID Number (M #).
Refusing to give the correct information on vehicle registration form will result in parking permit not being issued and may result in disciplinary action.
Disabled Parking Permit Registration
Faculty-Staff and Students who have state disabled parking placards or license plates must have University-issued disabled parking permits to park in Blue Zone parking spaces. In order to be issued a blue disabled parking permit, a receipt or registration for your state placard/ license plate must be presented to Disability Services located in Main Hall. If you have already purchased a regular parking permit, it should be turned in to Disability Services, with previously mentioned documentation to receive your new parking permit.
Temporary Parking Permits
Temporary Permits are for short-term use in the event that your University-registered vehicle is being repaired or if your parking permit is temporarily misplaced or forgotten. These may be obtained at UM Police Dispatch Office, located in the Physical Plant, 24-7. Guests must also register their vehicle through the UM Police Dispatch office to receive a Temporary Permit.
Other Responsibilities of Registrants
The person to whom the parking permit is registered will be responsible for any violations pertaining to that parking permit, regardless of who is operating or owns the vehicle. Replacement of a lost, stolen, or destroyed parking permits will be at the expense of the registrant for $35.00.
Student Permit Placement
Upon registration, commuter and resident student drivers will be issued a decal (sticker) parking permit. These parking permits are to be affixed to the inside front windshield, on the lower passenger side. Decal permits should not be taped but properly attached to the windshield, in full view from the front of your vehicle. Failure to comply may result in parking privileges being revoked.
Faculty-Staff and Drivers with Disabilities Permit Placement
Upon registration, Faculty-Staff and drivers with disabilities will be issued the appropriately zoned, hangtag parking permit. To properly display, the permit must be hung from the rearview mirror with the decal number facing the windshield and unobstructed by any other objects.