The lack of familiarity with the regulations does not constitute a valid defense for failure to comply.
1. The University reserves the right to deny any person the privilege of operating and/or parking a motor vehicle on campus.
2. The University assumes no responsibility for losses from fire, theft, or from any other cause when cars are parked on campus.
3. City and State regulations, rules, and all directive signs governing the use of motor vehicles must be observed at all times.
4. Red-White-Green Zones are in effect from 7:30 A.M. until 6:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. Park only in spaces or zones matching your permit during this time.
5. Spaces for drivers with disabilities are for the exclusive use of qualified permit holders and visitors with disabilities. Permits for drivers with disabilities are good in any legal parking space.
6. Parking on the grass, on sidewalks, or blocking sidewalks is prohibited.
7. Blocking fire hydrants is prohibited.
8. Parking in fire lanes and loading docks is prohibited. Fire lanes and loading docks are Tow Away Zones.
9. Double parking is prohibited. Double parking is parking across the line, either to the side or the back or the front of the vehicle.
10. Twenty minute zones are marked by signs and in effect 24 hours a day.
11. The University reserves the right, after a reasonable attempt is made to contact the owners, to remove and impound illegally parked and abandoned vehicles; any vehicle found on campus without a decal, with no license plate; or any vehicle parked in such a way as to contribute a serious hazard to other vehicles or pedestrian traffic or to the movement and operation of emergency equipment. The owner(s) shall, thereafter, be responsible for any costs involved in removing, impounding, and storing of such vehicle occurring during removal or impoundment.